Adult Recurve Bow KitItem Number: 2495
If you are a beginning archer, or an archer looking for an upgrade from your old youth bow, the Adult Recurve Bow Kit is the perfect option. You get the bow and shooting gear you need in one kit.
The Adult Recurve Bow Kit features the popular 62" Cairn recurve, leather armguard, shooting glove, hip quiver, and bow stringer. The Cairn comes with an elevated arrow rest (not installed), although you can choose a different arrow rest if you like, as well as upgrade the bow string. You also have the option to add-on carbon arrows. See drop downs for pricing.
ARROW REST OPTIONS
- Included Elevated Rest- A simple, yet effective, elevated rest.
- Bear Hair Rest & Plate- The carpet style arrow rest and smooth leather side plate are easy to trim to fit.
BOW STRING OPTIONS
- Included Bow String - A Dacron Endless loop bow string.
- 3Rivers Explorer Flemish Twist Bow String - A high performance bow string for full performance from your recurve.
- Damascus Glove- Thinner leather for a better feel of the bow string.
- Perfect Fit Leather Armguard- Smaller size to make it great for ladies and kids 12 and up, yet with the same amount of protection as our other single layer leather armguards.
- 3RA Hip Quiver- Holds up to 6 arrows, at approximately 19½" deep. 600 x 300 denier polyester shell. Long-lasting, immune to rain and cold weather.
- A 6-pack of Fleetwood black carbon arrows. These pre-fletched arrows are ready to shoot right from the box. Cut with inserts and 100 grain points installed.
Let us set up your bow for you with our 3Rivers Bow Set-up Service
Read about Longbow and Recurve Set-up on our blog.
Choose from a left or right handed bow (choose based on what hand you Draw the bow string with), and bow weight at a 28" draw length. Remember that with a traditional bow the weight will change depending upon what your draw length is. Bow weight will change approximately ±2½ pounds for every inch from a bows rated draw length. So a bow rated 45# @ 28" bow is roughly a 42½# @ 27" or 47½# @ 29". Draw weight is marked at the nearest 5# increment to actual weight, (2#'s under and 3#'s over). This is an industry wide standard.
Minimum Arrow Weight - Do not shoot an arrow weighing less than eight grains for every pound of peak draw weight. For example: If your bow's peak weight is 40 pounds at your 30" draw length, do not shoot an arrow weighing less than 320 grains total arrow weight (40# x 8 gpp = 320 grains). Shooting an arrow below eight grains per pound (gpp) can cause damage to your bow similar to dry firing and possible injury to the shooter or others nearby. Damage caused by shooting an arrow that is too light will damage the bow and will not be covered under warranty by 3Rivers Archery or bow manufacturer.