Adult Recurve Bow KitItem Number: 2495
If you are a beginning archer, or an archer looking for an upgrade from your old youth bow, the Adult Recurve Bow Kit is the perfect option. You get the bow and shooting gear you need in one kit.
The Adult Recurve Bow Kit features the popular 62" Cairn takedown recurve bow, leather armguard, your choice of shooting glove or tab, your choice of back quiver or hip quiver, and bow stringer. The Cairn comes with an elevated arrow rest (not installed), although you can choose a different arrow rest if you like, as well as your bow string. You also have the option to buy arrows and a bow case. See drop downs for pricing differences.
ARROW REST OPTIONS - (comes with an arrow rest installed)
- Bear Weather Rest (right handed or left handed)- The Weatherest, by Bear Archery, is an easy way to try shooting with an elevated rest.
- Bear Hair Rest and Plate- The carpet style arrow rest and smooth leather side plate are easy to trim to fit and provide the perfect look and protection for your bow. Recommended by 3Rivers Archery.
BOW STRING OPTIONS
- Takedown Recurve Bow String - A Dacron Endless loop bow string.
- Recurve 58" Flemish twist bow string - A high performance bow string to allow you to get the full performance from your recurve. Recommended by 3Rivers Archery.
GLOVE / TAB OPTIONS
- Damascus Glove- Thinner leather for a better "feel" of the bow string.
- Wyandotte Calf Hair Tab- Slick hair facing, rubber middle, and leather liner. Features no-pinch finger separator.
- Perfect Fit Leather Armguard- Smaller size to make it great for ladies and kids 12 and up, yet with the same amount of protection as our other single layer leather armguards.
- Safari Tuff Hip Quiver- Holds up to 6 arrows, at approximately 19½" deep. It's made Safari Tuff with a 600 x 300 denier polyester shell. Long-lasting, immune to rain and cold weather. Great for adults and kids.
- A 6-pack of Fleetwood black carbon arrows. These pre-fletched arrows are ready to shoot right from the box. Cut with inserts and 100 grain points installed. Fletching colors vary. They 340, 400, and 500 are 5" shield cut, and the 600, 700, and 800 are 3" shield cut feathers. The lengths vary from spine to spine (see dropdown for information). Measurement is from the valley of the nock to the back of the head approximately.
- Available in right handed (RH) or left handed (LH) - choose by the hand you pull the string with
- Available in 25#, 29#, 35#, 40#, 45#, 50#, and 55# (rated at a 28" draw length
- Carbon Arrows
- Choose from glove or tab in small, medium, large, or xlarge
- Comes standard with bow stringer
Let us set up your bow for you with our 3Rivers Bow Set-up Service
Read about Longbow and Recurve Set-up on our blog.
Choose from a left or right handed bow (choose based on what hand you Draw the bow string with), and bow weight at a 28" draw length. Remember that with a traditional bow the weight will change depending upon what your draw length is. Bow weight will change approximately ±2½ pounds for every inch from a bows rated draw length. So a bow rated 45# @ 28" bow is roughly a 42½# @ 27" or 47½# @ 29". Draw weight is marked at the nearest 5# increment to actual weight, (2#'s under and 3#'s over). This is an industry wide standard.
Minimum Arrow Weight - Do not shoot an arrow weighing less than eight grains for every pound of peak draw weight. For example: If your bow's peak weight is 40 pounds at your 30" draw length, do not shoot an arrow weighing less than 320 grains total arrow weight (40# x 8 gpp = 320 grains). Shooting an arrow below eight grains per pound (gpp) can cause damage to your bow similar to dry firing and possible injury to the shooter or others nearby. Damage caused by shooting an arrow that is too light will damage the bow and will not be covered under warranty by 3Rivers Archery or bow manufacturer.