Black Eagle Instinct F.O.C.O.S. OutsertsItem Number: 681207X
Black Eagle Arrows has developed a new "Front Of Center Outsert System" (FOCOS) that makes adjusting your FOC easier than ever!
The FOCOS system consists of three parts: a stainless steel outsert, an aluminum retention post, and a 3/32 allen head retention screw. When combined with your Black Eagle Instinct shafts, the FOCOS outserts maximize your FOC and deliver deadly accuracy and performance shot-after-shot!
Plus, FOCOS outserts reinforce your Instinct shafts for superior durability.
All spines weigh 100 grains. Sold by the 6-pack. Offered for spines of 600, 500, 400, and 350. Please specify.
1) Choose the correct spine outsert for the matching spine shaft
2) Glue in the aluminum retention Post
3) Slide the outsert over the shaft and spin test it
4) For a better fit, use 100 grit sandpaper to lightly sand your shaft until the outsert fits snugly on the shaft. (Do not over sand. You want a snug fit.)
5) Wipe debris from the shaft with a paper towel (Do not use cleaner)
6) Repeat the spin test
7) Use a sharpie to mark the shaft and outsert for accurate alignment
8) Slide the outsert over the shaft and use the 3/32 retention screw to lock the insert in place
- If using glue, proceed with the first two steps, then do the following
- Apply glue evenly around the shaft to ensure a solid hold
- Rotate the outsert as you slide it onto the shaft, ensuring that the glue is evenly dispersed
- Lock the outsert in place using the 3/32 retention screw
- Stand the arrow on the nock end to allow the glue to dry