Competition Female Knight RH 35#, 500/30" KitItem Number: PC2F-RH35-500-30
Our introductory Competition Kit has been recommended by the Product Finder tool as a beginner package to get you started practicing for competitive archery. This entry-level kit offers equipment to get you prepared for competing, a personalized phone assessment, and full-service bow setup. While this is a good starting point, perfecting your archery skills will likely require practice and fine-tuning of your equipment. Additionally, alternate equipment may be appropriate as you develop your technique. Perhaps one of the most important things to learn when new to archery is which hand you will use to hold the bow. For a right handed shooter, the bow will be held in the left hand while the right hand will be used to pull the bow string. We encourage you to explore our online educational resources to help with your new endeavor. It will guide you in learning how to assemble and string a bow as well as many other tips and techniques.
Included in the Kit
This competition kit comes with a Knight Takedown recurve bow that's designed toward the Olympic style target shooter. The riser is cut past center, which means the sight window is cut to a point past the middle of the riser. This allows for the use of a plunger to better control the accuracy of the arrow (often referred to as tuning). An elevated rest and plunger are installed to help keep your arrow in place and assist with tuning as you work toward perfecting your shooting technique. The overall 66" bow length makes it one of the more stable target bows and provides for a smoother draw. Its light physical weight of 2 lbs. 3 oz. and ability to add sights, plungers, rests, and stabilizers will assist you in becoming a pro.
- Knight 66" Recurve (no-tools takedown)
- Riser - Right hand, 20" in length, made from cast aluminum, black finish
- Limbs - Maple core surrounded by black fiberglass, reinforced bow tips
- Cut-past center arrow shelf (designed for use with an elevated rest)
- Black, plastic high grip
- Accepts industry standard bow sights, plungers, elevated rests, and front stabilizers
- Elevated arrow rest installed
- Supra Cushion Plunger installed
- 63" Dacron endless loop bow string
- Selway Limbsaver recurve bow stringer
- This bow is rated and labeled at 35# with a 28" draw length
Note: Based on the height provided your estimated pull weight is 37.5# and draw length is 29". It is an industry standard to measure bow weight at a 28" draw length. To calculate actual pull weight, add 2.5 lbs. for every inch of your draw length greater than 28".
Improve your aim with the use of a bow sight. The Simplex Adjustable Bow Sight keeps you on target by providing pinpoint adjustments for any distance of shooting. Use of the single pin allows you to concentrate on the target without obstruction of multiple pins. You can also fine tune the sight for precise shooting distances with the marked graduations. The Simplex Bow Sight takes out the guess work when you aim, allowing you to focus and perfect your shot.
The Maxima Pro Recurve RZ arrows by Carbon Express offer an advanced innovation specifically designed for competition archery. A revolutionized technology called "Red Zone" features a stiffer middle section and weaker ends to provide proper flexing of the arrow as it clears the riser. Each set of arrows are matched to remarkably close straightness and weight tolerances providing for incredible accuracy. Shooting properly tuned arrows, including appropriate deflection, length, and point weight, is critical when competing. To ensure optimum setup, a Longbow and Recurve Expert will call you to make a personal assessment and confirm we provide the best equipment to get you started.
- Carbon Express Maxima Pro RZ carbon arrows (3 pack)
- 500 deflection
- 31.25" length
- Red and black with red carbon weave pattern
- RED ZONE - Patented stiffer middle section and weaker front and back end sections that manage the flex of the arrow upon release for proper clearance around the riser
- Matched Set - All Maxima Pro Recurve RZ three pack arrows are sorted and matched by weight and spine for best-in-class consistency. Spine selection sorting tolerance is ± 0.0025". Weight sorting tolerance is ± 1.0 grain
- Real Straightness - Every Maxima Pro Recurve RZ arrow is laser checked for straightness to a remarkable 1/10,000 of an inch. Maxima Pro Recurve RZ straightness of ± 0.0025" is a maximum measurement, not an average
- BuffTuff - The front and back sections of arrow are made with BuffTuff, the world's toughest and most durable carbon arrow finish
- Carbon Express glue-In Pint Point tips installed (grain weight will be determined upon personal assessment)
CX Precision Push-In Nocks by Carbon Express have an exceptional straightness. They produce proper alignment of the arrow to the bow string. This is important for competition archery as it can have more of an impact on accuracy than the straightness of the arrow.
- Carbon Express CX Precision Push-In nocks
- Installed, pearl color
- Approximately 12 grains each
A belt quiver is the style of choice for competition shooting as it won't interfere with your shot. The Bohning Target Hip Quiver easily attaches to a belt and features two zipper pockets, a slide pocket, and an accessory clip. There are five arrow tubes that hold up to 10 arrows.
- Bohning Target Hip Quiver
- Made of durable, lightweight Cordura®
- Approximately 14 ounces
- Two zipper pockets, side pocket, and an accessory clip
- Holds 10 arrows in five arrow tubes
- Measures 18" deep, black
- Belt required for use (not included)
- Made in the USA
The Neet Compression Sleeve Armguard is a slip-on armguard that includes padded strips for added protection. It has a compression fit so it's always secure and is useful as a shirtsleeve restraint. Some adjustment may be required to get the padding positioned correctly for optimal protection.
- Neet Compression Armguard
- Red and black
- Size medium, approximately 7 " in length
- Made in the USA.
The AAE Cavalier Elite Super Leather Tab is a top choice for target archers and easy to break in. This high quality tab was made with precision and durability in mind, featuring an anodized aluminum plate and ledge to give you precise string positioning. The plastic finger spacer helps keep your fingers from pinching the arrow nock and the removable shelf is made to help you consistently hit your anchor point. Comfortably secure the tab to your hand with the easily adjustable cord-lock attachment.
- AAE Cavalier Elite Super Leather Tab
- Made from sturdy Cordovan leather with suede backing
- Water Resistant
- Adjustable Ledge
- Anodized Aluminum Plate
- Removable shelf and finger spacer
- Elastic finger strap and cord lock
- Right hand, medium
- Made in the USA
Please note: A bow stringer is recommended for stringing all bows. Stringing a bow without a bow stringer, or stringing it backwards will void a bow's warranty. It is recommended to unstring your bow if you do not plan to be shooting more than one week. Store your bow on its side or hang vertically from a peg. Never prop the bow on the lower tip for extended periods of time. Never dry fire the bow (shooting without an arrow).