This is not the average survival book written on the premise of a short term survival situation. This book reveals, in great detail, the every day skills of those living harmoniously with nature. With more than 400 pages covering 2,000 skills and nearly 1,000 instructional illustrations of Native American life skills in the California area, this book shows us how to take advantage of the Earth's resources all around us, so much more than just how to survive.
Think of this book as the encyclopedia of Indian crafts and skills for living a peaceful life as you harvest the bounty of the land. Pass on the torch, learn these primitive skills and teach them to your children.
By Paul D. Campbell. 445 pages, paperback.
Learn the basic skills of tools, gathering, and food preparation as well as implements of household and personal necessity and aspects of hunting and fishing.
Just a few of the topics:
- Wikiups and Willow-framed Dome Houses
- Indian Travel
- Cordage: Fiber and Technology
- California Digging Stick
- Baskets, Pottery, and Wooden Implements
- Greens, Beans, Berries, Nuts, and More
- California Survival Blanket
- Native Californian Clothing
- Rabbitskin Blanket and Elderberry Bark Skirt
- Sandals and Moccasins
- California Flute and The Stick Game
- Over 50 pages of Bows, Arrows, and Accessories
- How to Shoot an Indian Bow
- Atlatl and Atlatl Darts
- Rabbit Sticks
- Indian Hunting
- Meat Preparation
- Insects: Big Protein
- Fish Traps and Nets
- Harpoons, Fish and Sea Mammals
- And Much More!