The Predator 3-piece take down recurve possesses the very soul of traditional archery with hand picked premium exotic hardwoods and state of the art Futurewood. Designed and crafted by master bowyer, Ron Pittsley, Predator Bows have been one of the most sought after custom bows within traditional archery's most elite inner circles. In addition to the popular custom 3-piece design, Predator Bows offers the same high quality workmanship and performance to mainstream bowhunters with the "Hunter" take down model. While the new Velocity Riser is a high-tech variant of the Predator, machined from a solid aluminum billet and featuring independent pivoting limb mounts (pockets). These pivoting limb mounts allow for slight draw weight adjustments and precise tiller tuning while accepting the interchangeable P.L.F. (Predator Limb Fit) system. That means the Velocity riser is interchangeable with any Predator limbs built from 1996 to present.
The Classic and Hunter DX are available in right or left hand (choose by the hand you pull the string with), while the Velocity is currently only available in right hand. Limbs are interchangeable and can be purchased separately. New foam core limbs are also available.
Predator traditional bows combine exotic hardwoods and Futurewood with attention to every detail to create a distinct look with unmatched performance and durability. The results are a beautiful, rich, and timeless designed bow that can be handed down through generations. But make no mistake; although Predators look great hanging on the wall, these bows are serious hunting tools, built tough to hunt hard.
On the Classic and Hunter DX the shelf is low, radiused, cut 1/8" past center, and no hand shock to make the Predator recurve stable to shoot and very forgiving. An AMO speed of 204 fps (feet per second) provides flat trajectories and lethal penetration. Reinforced limb tips minimize stacking and withstand the additional stresses caused by modern string materials.
All wood risers and limbs are sealed and coated in a durable non-glare satin finish.
Each Predator recurve bow comes with a DynaFlight 97 Flemish bow string, limb mounting hardware, and bow stringer.
Predator Hunter DX Features:
- Riser: Solid charcoal Futurewood. Radiused 1/8" cut past center shelf. 1/4" x 20 Quiver bushings installed. Comes with arrow rest and plate.
- Limbs: Charcoal Futurewood between black fiberglass.
Predator Classic Features:
- Rosewood Riser: Constructed from Futurewood in Rosewood and Charcoal colors with an accent stripe. Tapped with 1/4" x 20 quiver inserts. Features a self locating, medium wrist pistol style grip and a low arrow shelf for "shoot where you look" accuracy. As with all Predator takedown risers; limbs are interchangeable for all limbs built after 1996. Includes rug arrow rest and plate.
- Black Phenolic Riser: Constructed from Black Phenolic and Charcoal Futurewood with distinct Rosewood Futurewood accent stripes. Tapped with 1/4" x 20 quiver inserts. Features a self locating, medium wrist pistol style grip and a low arrow shelf for "shoot where you look" accuracy. As with all Predator take-down risers; limbs are interchangeable for all limbs built after 1996. Includes rug arrow rest and plate.
- Bacote Riser: Constructed from Bacote and Charcoal Futurewood. Accented with distinct Maple/Charcoal Futurewood and capped with Bacote/Maple. Tapped with 1/4" x 20 quiver inserts. Features a self locating, medium wrist pistol style grip and a low arrow shelf for "shoot where you look" accuracy. As with all Predator take-down risers; limbs are interchangeable for all limbs built after 1996. Includes rug arrow rest and plate.
- Limbs: Clear fiberglass over Red Elm core with black fiberglass belly.
Predator Velocity Features:
- Riser: Machined from a solid aluminum billet and featuring independent pivoting limb mounts. Crowned shelf. Dual plunger bushings (for off the rest and elevated shooting), ATA Accessory (AMO sight) bushings, 1/4" x 20 Quiver bushings, and front stabilizer hole tapped into riser. Does not include arrow rest and plate.
- Limbs: Interchangeable with other Predator Models.
Foam Core Limbs Features:
- Single alignment pin and bolt attachment method that allows universal fitting on any Predator Bow riser
- Available in limb lengths of 60" and 62"
- Available in draw weights of 40#, 45#, 50#, 55#, or 60# (rated at a 28" draw length)
- Weight: 40 to 60 lbs, 5# increments at 28"
- Bow AMO Length: 60" or 62"
- Radiused, 1/8" cut-past center close to grip shelf
- Recommended Brace Height: 7¼" to 7¾"
- String Material: Flemish twist D97
- Interchangeable with all Limbs Built After 1996
- Bow includes: mounting hardware, bow stringer, rest and plate, and string silencers
- Speed: 204 FPS AMO (540 grain arrow, 60# @ 30" draw)
Choose from a left or right hand bow (choose based on what hand you Draw the bow string with), and bow weight at a 28" draw length. Remember that with a traditional bow the weight will change depending upon what your draw length is. Bow weight will change approximately ±2½ pounds for every inch from a bows rated draw length. So a bow rated 45# @ 28" bow is roughly a 42½# @ 27" or 47½# @ 29". Draw weight is marked at the nearest 5# increment to actual weight, (2#'s under and 3#'s over). This is an industry wide standard.
Stringing a bow without a bow stringer, or stringing it backwards will void a bow's warranty. It is recommended to unstring your bow if you do not plan to be shooting more than week. Store your bow on its side, or hanging vertically from a peg. Never rest the bow on the lower tip for extended periods of time. Never dry fire the bow (shooting without an arrow).