Every bowhunter's path is different. Yet our destination is the same. That glorious sensation of coming to full draw on a magnificent animal.
This insightful and informative book captures those emotions even as it shares the hard-earned wisdom and knowledge of the author, professional wildlife biologist, Ron Rohrbaugh Jr.
Ron shares his engaging traditional bowhunting tales, including hunts for whitetail deer in the eastern United States, big game in the west, and South African safaris. These are stories that will stir the soul and inspire the hunter within.
The author covers the history of bowhunting, and explores the challenges facing today's hunter-conservationists. Ron's background as a wildlife biologist also provides unique and valuable information on wildlife behavior and ecology.
Every chapter is prefaced with a profound quote from a famous outdoorsman or author. Hundreds of full color photographs. 288 pages. Paperback.
Some of the Topics Covered
- Shooting techniques
- Setting up "ambush" sites for big game
- "Buck fever"
- Information on the latest equipment
- Pros and cons of different bows and arrow shaft materials
- Using the wind to your advantage
- Creating scent trails
- Understanding why and how deer move
- Controversial topics, such as baiting and trophy hunting